Confinement Food After Miscarriage
What to eat the right type of confinement food after miscarriage ?
First of all, on the off chance that you are reading this, I am exceptionally sympathetic that you are experiencing this emotional period. My heart goes out to you. Hopefully, this will be of some assistance.
The right type of confinement food to eat after miscarriage is important. At this moment, one must take more nourishing and healthy food to strengthen uterus after miscarriage; strengthen the body due to the loss of blood and the harm it does to the body.
During the process of the miscarriage, there is also the physical pain and the psychological pressure to endure. As a result, the body will be weaker and may even show sign of anaemia. Hence, the nutritious rich confinement food after miscarriage to ensure proper nutrition intake is very important.
How much tonic or nutritious food one should consume?
It depends on a person’s constitution and the amount of blood loss during the miscarriage. Adequate protein, vitamins, inorganic salts and the necessity intake of iron supplements after miscarriage. This is to prevent the occurrence of anaemia.
To consume and choices of confinement food after miscarriage must have high nutritional value and easily digestible and absorbed by the body.
Diet after miscarriage includes fresh fish, chicken, eggs, liver, lean meat, soy products, dairy products, dates, lotus seed, fresh fruits and vegetables. And food avoids after miscarriage will be not to eat or eat less of greasy, raw and cold food.
Food to avoid after miscarriage or abortions
One should also avoid food such as radish, hawthorn, bitter gourd, orange as they are more cooling.Generally, half a month of the nutritious diet of the Confinement Food after miscarriage is sufficient but can be extended accordingly for those who are physically weak, have poor health or lost too much blood.
Many women may think that miscarriage is a simple matter. They don’t put much emphasis into taking care of their body before going back to work. Gynecologists have warned that this does not aid in the recovery process. After the miscarriage, one must take care of one’s health by modifying the diet. Ideally, one might want to consider to take up the proper confinement food for miscarriage: In generally, the following care will be required:
- Have plenty of rest within the first two weeks of miscarriage.
- Thing to avoid after miscarriage; like avoid raw, cold, spicy food and alcohol.
- Take more plan, nutritious and protein rich food like fish, meat, egg, beans and food made from beans and also fresh vegetables which are full of vitamins.
- Pay attention to the hygiene of the perineal.
- Use shower instead of bathing in bath tub.
- Must abstain from having sex within the first month of miscarriage. Pregnancy should be avoided within the first 6 months after miscarriage.
- 1 to 2 days after miscarriage, there will be some vaginal bleeding. The amount of bleeding should be comparable or slightly more than the menstruation and should not exceed 15 days. If the bleeding is much more than the normal menstruation or very prolonged accompanied by abdominal pain, it is a sign of infection or incomplete miscarriage. When this happens, go to hospital for ultrasound scan.
- Ovulation will probably resume quite soon after the miscarriage. Contraceptive measures have to be taken to avoid getting pregnant again at this stage.
- After miscarriage through medication, one should only wash hair one week later to avoid catching a cold as the body is still weak.
After induced miscarriage
After induced miscarriage, one must also ensure that the food taken should have the right mix of protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins , inorganic salt , water, cellulose and confinement herbs. To aid in the recovery, one might one to take note of the following:
Protein is an important component to build up our body resistance:
If the intake of protein is insufficient, it will lower our body immunity. Within the first two weeks of the confinement after miscarriage, the protein intake should be 1.5g to 2g for every kg of body weight. Daily consumption should be around 100g to 150g. Chicken, lean pork, eggs, dairy products and beans are protein rich food and can be consumed more.
After induced miscarriage: perspiration will increase because the body is still weak. As such, one should drink more water. Water soluble vitamins like C, B1 and B2 will be discharged together with the perspiration, hence, to replenish adequate supplement after miscarriage is therefore, necessary. Eat more vegetables and fruits to avoid getting constipation.
Restriction of Fat in Normal diet: During the first week after the surgery, fat intake should be limited to around 80g daily. Those that experience menstrual disorder should avoid food like chilli, wine, vinegar, pepper, ginger etc. Such food could increase blood flow to the sexual organ and hence increase the menstrual flow. Disclaimer: Happy-mummy is not an expert on anything with regards to miscarriage diet. The written information is just a suggestion and never replace the advice from the medical professional.